Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cask walk

In Athens, Georgia, this was not a perp walk!

But traffic did stop as Matt and I walked a cask of Winter Storm from the cold box at Five Points Bottle Shop across the street to Aromas Wine Bar. That would be one of the more unusual cellaring techniques I've ever practiced.

I tapped it at Aromas later that evening. Thank you to my hosts Sachin and Heather.

Since my visit in February, Aromas has developed a regular program of cask tapping. Offering guidance has been beer writer and Athens beer demiurge Owen Ogletree. Friday evening he was there (in foreground) for the Winter Storm Imperial ESB.

Sunday, Owen returns to Aromas to host a tribute to Michael Jackson. In a nice touch, he'll be screening Jackson's Beer Hunter video series.

More photos.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed the tapping. Maybe the next one.

    David

    ReplyDelete

Comment here ...