Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day

On tap for the Memorial Day weekend:

1) Commitment: Early Sunday bike ride to Vietnam Veterans' Memorial to pay silent tribute to all veterans, past and present.
2) Music: Roy Harris' Third Symphony.
3) Beverages:

4) Meal: Grilled marinated vegetables. I'm using the George Forman grill; I'm just not into the mega-grill thing and working over heat while under a hot sun.

I picked up this simple recipe for a tasty grilled vegetable marinade at my local Whole Foods yesterday:
2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. lemon juice
1 tsp. sea salt
3 tbsp. dry minced garlic (I'll use fresh)
1 tsp. cracked black pepper
1/4 c. dried parsley (again, fresh for me)
1/4 c. Clipper City Gold Ale (my addition!)

Combine all ingredients and pour over vegetables. Marinate at least one hour or overnight, turning periodically.
If you're using an outdoor grill or hibachi, place the veggies on aluminum foil which you've perforated with many small holes. Using kabob skewers works as well; just watch out for charring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here ...